3 benefits of action research:
1. The link between practice and student achievement is reinforced.
2. It fosters an openness towards new ideas and learning new things.
3. There are no experimental or control groups, independent or dependent variables, or hypotheses to be supported.
3 barriers for implementation:
1. The results of quantitative action research projects are limited.
2. Time constraints may affect the quality and outcomes of the action research project.
3. Lack of support from other teachers and administrators can create a negative environment thus affecting the action research project.